Thursday, January 21, 2016

One Incredible Year

One year ago today I entered the MTC for the most amazing journey and blessing of my life. 
I remember all the emotions that ran through me when I said goodbye to my family and left to go preach the gospel across the world in a different language. Fear definitely comes to mind! 
January 21 happened to be my grandmas birthday and I took comfort in feeling like she would be with me every step of the way. Through out my mission I wore her B and a pearl around my neck to remind me of so many things that I treasured: my family, my niece, the priesthood, my grandma and Gordon B. Hinkley's B's. 
  1. Be grateful. 
    Be smart. 
    Be clean. 
    Be true. 
    Be humble. 
    Be prayerful.
  2. My mission changed and transformed me! It opened my eyes to true happiness and the  love that our Heavenly Father has for each of His children. It motivated me to be more grateful, smart, clean, true, humble and prayerful. It helped to strive to forget myself and focus on uplifting those that might be in need. It gave me more compassion for those suffering and searching. It allowed me to come to know Him better and trust in Him. It taught me to choose Him and to continue choosing Him each and every day. I know that my mission refined me... it wasn't easy. There were times of heartache and pain and there are days where I ache to go back and be with the amazing people in the land that I love. But I have learned that "Doors close regularly in our lives, and some of those closings cause genuine pain and heartache. But I do believe that where one such door closes, another opens (and perhaps more than one), with hope and blessings in other areas of our lives that we might not have discovered otherwise." -President Kimball
  3. Im amazed at this past year... it is full of love and amazing children of our Heavenly Father. Im confident that this next year will be too.














No comments:

Post a Comment