Saturday, January 31, 2015

Don't forget where our strength comes from...


This week I can honestly say I've learned more about myself than I have in all my 19 years! Sunday was the best! Can all Relief Societies be like the one at the MTC? hahaha  And, the spoken word was amazing. I learned a lot about being a better missionary! That night we watched "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar... look it up it was so good. Monday morning we had the best service assignment, we got to pick out 32 flags to go on the MTC flag poles (which was hard when you have every single country in the world's flag staring back at you) but I picked some from my favorite countries I've been to and where some of the coolest people I know have served!  Philippines, at the main entrance of course, and Chile, Tonga, Fiji, Cape Verde and the UK beside it. SO, I made the decision to join MTC choir... partly because my Kasama forced me and partly because you get to eat an hour early but either way I love it so much and even though I'm not that good at singing, it's a ton of fun and super spiritual. Tuesday I so spiritually fed at the devotional Elder Kacher of the 70 spoke.  He taught me that I am just an instrument of the Lord to invite others to come unto Christ. The holy ghost changes hearts, not me.  I just invite Jesus Christ into their lives. Also, it's important to focus outward instead of inward.  This isn't about me, it's about Him. We taught our second lesson to Angelyn and it went so much better, we felt the spirit and we decided to ask her to be baptized. My Kasama and I also started memorizing the first vision. Wednesday was a day...we taught Angelyn her 3rd lesson and basically crashed and burned.  I wanted to cry so bad... the spirit wasn't there at all. For the first time, I felt pretty alone and discouraged. But then I remembered what Elder Kacher said... "don't forget where our strength comes from"... we cannot do this alone. Call upon God to change your heart. So I did just that!  Then my Kasama and I hugged and talked it out identifying that we hadn't let the spirit guide our planning or our lesson and therein lies our problem.  I love how He knows what we need.  I needed to be humbled and to learn the importance of being unified with my Kasama and inviting the spirit into our planning and lessons.  The rest of the week was great and our fourth lesson to Angelyn was much better. I met a sister from the Philippines, she is literally the sweetest thing ever! I love talking sa tagalog with her and I can't wait to go there.  I love them already! 

 I hope all is well!  I love it here so much, my week was great!  Thank you so much for the dear elders, letters and packages...keep them coming, it's the best! 

 
xo Sister Jenkins

 














No comments:

Post a Comment