Saturday, January 24, 2015

"I love it here so much"....


Magandang umaga po!

Hey everyone 4 days down and I absolutely love it here so much! My companion s name is Sister Smith and we get along so well. She is so spiritual and dedicated and we push each other to work hard! We keep each other upbeat and masaya (happy)! Tagalog is so hard yet so amazing. I feel so blessed to be learning a new language. First day we walked into class and it became very clear when you talk you talk sa Tagalog which is super great! My teacher, brother Kovach, is the master of Tagalog and is so helpful! Sister smith and I really wanted to earn our P-day so we worked super hard yesterday and can now bear our testimony sa Tagalog and pray which may not seem like a lot but to us it was super amazing and spiritual. We also taught our first "investigator" yesterday sa tagalog and it was definitely a learning experience its hard not to get frustrated when you know what you want to say in english but they dont know English and the tagalog wont come haha. But i know that if we have patience we will get there! Its not supposed to be easy. Gym time yesterday was great... its crazy my athletic abilities are on point here! haha jkjk BUT i played basketball and volleyball and for anyone that knows me knows i usually am the first to volunteer to sit out if there is an uneven number of players! My branch President (Howard) and his wife are so sweet! She literally is so spunky and gives the best hugs. They are the definition of relationship goals for sure! I ran into Elder Payne twice so far and its great seeing a familiar face he is so awesome! I love my district... Elder Eyler, Gates and Davis are way cool and I love sharing a room with Sister Smith, Parke and May! Walking down the residence hall and hearing all the different languages is so great it just instills in me that this is where I belong! And the Korean sisters next door are definitely my favorite! 

Well have an AMAZING week!

 

Mahal Kita, 

Sister Jenkins


 




No comments:

Post a Comment