Saturday, February 7, 2015

We must move forward in faith...

Magandang Umaga!
This week has been amazing!  Sunday we had a devotional and the 1st missionary from Siberia spoke to us and talked about how he fled to Romania.  He had to leave his pamilya behind...his sacrifices were so great, yet here he was serving his God and sharing his story with us.  Later, we watched "Meet the Mormons" and he sat right next to me.  We talked a lot.  He is going to do amazing things on his mission and truly change lives.

Monday I was apart of this observation where I was the "investigator" and my teachers were the missionaries.  They were to teach me while the class observed and took notes.  I was a little nervous I wouldn't be able to get into it and the activity would be a waster of time for everyone.  So, I prayed that I would be able to learn and fulfill my role as an investigator.  An hour and 30 minutes later, I am staring right into the eyes of Brother Kovach as he asked me to be baptized and this overwhelming Spirit hit me.  All I could do was say "yes".  Then I started crying and so did the rest of the class!  My first cry at the MTC....haha.  Seriously though, I truly felt the conversion process which I think for us as missionaries it is so important. 

Tuesday while putting up flags we came across two ducks and we decided to name them Melvin and Betty!  They were so cute. 

Wednesday is our longest day and usually the hardest too, but in a good way ;)  We got new missionaries on Wednesday so we aren't the "newbies" which is nice!  That night we did the same thing as Monday only this time I observed and Sisters May & Park were the investigators (I love them so much)!  Sure enough, the Spirit was so strong and there were crying.  It was interesting being the observer...you wanted to run up and hug them and talk to them through it.  Then it hit me that that's what Heavenly Father feels when we are struggling...he isn't far away, he is close and waiting for us to reach out to Him.  Just like Peter and Jesus when he was walking on water (Matthew 14:25-33...."And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.  And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.  But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.  And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.  And he said, Come.  And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord save me.  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst though doubt?  And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.  Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying; Of a truth thou art the Son of God".  We must forward in faith!

I'll close for the week with a funny tagalog story.  So, Sister May and Sister Park (my hilarious roomies) are sitting in class with us and all of a sudden Sister Park is like "Uhhhhhh, Sister May, I think we have a problem".  And, I was like, "what's up?".  And she shows Sister May something in the dictionary and they starting busting up in laughter.  So, basically, the word "puso" means heart and "pusa" means cat....so, with both of their "investigators" they have been sayings things like "pray with all of your cats"..."offer up your cat to God", etc.  We were dying with laughter.  Good thing that's why our "investigators" for the first few weeks are teachers!

I know we are all having life experiences wherever we are at right now...enjoy yours!  Have a great week and know that I am happy & loving my life experiences.

Love,
Sister Jenkins

ps-Sorry some of the photos are sideways!

Happy early VALENTINE's DAY!

Roomies for life!!!

Our Filippino friends

My District


Melvin & Betty...so cute!

Changed our lives...massive rice krispie ;)

It's a girl!!!  Proud Aunt Kylee...


Sister Delgado

Goofing around on P-day with Sister May

We take our rice krispies very seriously

PEACE out until next week

No comments:

Post a Comment