Thursday, February 26, 2015

"Salvation is not a cheap experience. Why should it be easy for us when it was never easy for Him.....?"

This week was ayos!
Valentines was great!  The Elders in our district wrote us super funny Valentines, it was awesome!

Sunday Sister Smith and I got called as the new Sister Training Leaders.  It has been a truly humbling and amazing week getting to know the Sisters in our district.  Sunday we watched a talk by Elder Holland, "Missions are Forever."  I love when he says that these 18/24 months are the closest to "real life" that I will ever get.  How true is that?  I want these 18 months to change me for FOREVER and shape me into the type of person I want to be.  My favorite scripture quote is when he says, "Salvation is not a cheap experience.  Why should it be easy for us when it was never easy for Him..."  I love Jeffrey R. Holland!  He puts everything into perspective!

Monday our friend that gives us our awesome service assignments told us that he got engaged!  He showed us the video and it was way cute!  While we were putting up the flags we saw "Betty & Melvin" again!  Tuesday Sister Smith and I spent the afternoon with a sweet Sister that flew in from Kuribiti (by Fiji) it was great showing her around and getting to know her!  Wednesday we got to HOST the new missionaries coming into the MTC.  I got two Sisters, one was from Nampa, Idaho...her name is Sister Stucki.  Our zone got four new Sisters and two new Elders so we are at about 50 missionaries with only eight Elders!  hahaha  The girls are definitely dominating!!!  One of my friends from USU is here.  Sister Baird is now in our zone.  Thursday we skyped a member named Blossom.  She is in Quezon City, Philippines, and it was great teaching and getting to know her.  Friday was fun!  Sister Ethington and Elder Gates got package of doughnuts so we had a doughnut party in class!  We were "kind of" messing around after class and started making up new lyrics to "Party in the USA"...missionary style, so ENJOY!

I leave you with my favorite scripture...D&C18:10-18:  "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.  For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered that pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.  And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.  And how great is his joy in the souls that repenteth!  Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.  And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!  And, now if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!  Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my salvation.  Ask the Father in my name, in faith believing that you shall receive, and you shall have the Holy Ghost, which manifesteth all things which are expedient unto the children of men." 

Love to all,
Sister Jenkins
Sister Delgado & me...before she leaves

Sister Synder & me....before she leaves

Sisters

DOUGHNUT party!!!

Our JAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment