Saturday, February 14, 2015

Prepare yourself for the blessings God has in store for you....

Magandang Umaga!
This week has been mabuti!  Sunday we went on a walk to the temple!  The weather is nice here, I love it.  Sister Smith and I taught "Gospel Doctrines", our topic was enduring to the end, which I love.  And, it was so fun.  We met a couple that are going to be serving in the Philippines as well.  I thing that is so cool!  They were way nice and it was fun talking to them.  We finished off our wonderful Sunday with a movie about Thomas S. Monson...he is such a great example of serving selflessly.  One thing I've learned that I think is really important is to stop thinking about my happiness and start thing about someone elses.

We had a super good devotional and Kelly Mills, director of all 14 International MTCs, spoke and he said, "The best way to prepare yourself for the blessings God has in store for you is to forget about yourself and serve others."  How true is that?  I love devotionals...they seem to really put things into perspective.  Tuesday I decided to start a gratitude journal!  I would highly recommend it.  Some of the stuff is inspirational and some is just really funny, but either way it puts a smile on my face!

I also ran into Sister Madi Miller.  It was fun seeing a familiar face from Caldwell!

Wednesday, Sister Smith, Sister Parke and Sister May and I made a goal to stay really positive because usually Wednesdays are the hardest day of the week for us.  I don't know why!  But, it worked and we went to bed not feeling discouraged but excited the next day! 

Thursday was a DAY!  The flu has been going around our district.  And, Sister Smith had pink eye!  But after going to BYU and picking up her prescription, her eye is doing much better and it was still a good day!  And, we learned a lot!

Friday was fun!  We had our classes in the morning and I saw another familiar face from Caldwell in the cafeteria....Jordan Singleton!  It was so great to catch up.  He is going to do amazing things on his mission.

Personal and language studies were really good.  I think the hardest part is thinking, speaking and reading semi-backwards!  I know the words sa taglog but making them come out grammatically correct is challenging...We would say, "Prophets of God teach the people" to them "Magtuturo ang mga tao sa propeta ng diyos" "Teach the people prophets of God."  But I love tagalog and the people of Urdaneta.  I know if I work hard and have patience, it will come!  I can't believe I'm already on my 4th week!  Crazy how times flies here!

Mahal Kita,
Sister Jenkins

(Mom note:  Kylee found out her niece will be born while she's in the Philippines.  Auntie Kylee shared a cute, fun fact with us.  "Niece" sa tagalog is "pamangking" pronounced pumumpkin!!!  "Like munchkin and pumpkins mixed SOOOOO cute!" 

Beautiful flags!

After successfully finishing our Wednesday in good spirits!

Sees hearts from Sister Mays' mom


Me and My kasama in pink...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Temple walk.

It was great to see Sister Miller!!!

Thanks for the PJs.

We love to match!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment