Monday, April 27, 2015

One woman's decision...

SO Exciting...two weekly updates arrived today from Sister Jenkins. 

I received a call from Sister Monahan (Mission President's wife) this morning to give us an update on Kylee's health.  She is doing much better, off the medications and is happy & working hard.  Kylee is learning to politely decline some food being offered to her...she is adjusting her diet to less meat, more fish, vegetables & fruits.  Get this...her favorite dish right now is broccoli in oyster sauce!  She says, "the pamilya would be shocked...I am a changed woman" and, she is right!  Love this!!!  Sister Monahan also shared that Kylee's companion, Sister Navarro, is on her final six weeks as a missionary...Sister Navarro told President Monahan this morning that having Kylee as her final companion was a "match made in heaven"...I know Kylee feels the same way!  They love each other and will forever be eternal companions! 

Update #1...
Wow!  This week went by SO fast!  We had an AMAZING ward FHE (family home evening), it was so fun.  I love all of the Manat Ward!  I experienced my first transfer awareness and we said goodbye & hello to some wonderful missionaries.  I have been trying to learn how to cook because those that know me know cooking is one of my least favorite things! haha but I am starting to really enjoy it!  From banana pancakes to rice pudding and chicken cabbage stir fry, I am trying to get more familiar with the kitchen...haha!  We said goodbye to one of our favorite couples as they headed back home to Austria.  We are so grateful for their kindness and love!  Saturday we went out with a super great lady in our ward.  She is so kind and willing to give of her time to go out and serve!  Sunday we had a great time at church.  It was great to remember the atonement and how it is for each of us and everyone of us.  Matthew 26:42 "...thy will be done."  Even through all of His suffering, He was willing to submit to the Father's will...even when there was such a high price to pay.  He paid it for all of us so that we could one day return to the Father's presence. 

I am so grateful for this gospel and for the calling we as missionaries have to serve and be an instrument in His hand! 

Update #2...
This week was AMAZING!  Wednesday we attended Sister Navas and Sister Fusmaono's investigator's baptism.  It was such a special time.  Her husband is less active, but ever since her meeting with the missionaries he has come back.  He talked at her baptism and his testimony was SO powerful.  One of our investigators attended so he could see what it was like.  After asking him what he thought, he said "When she came up out of the water, I thought my heart was going to burst.  I want that."  He now has a baptismal date set for a day in May.  It amazes me how one woman's decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ and the promptings that were given to her by the Holy Ghost can have a lasting impact on SO many people!  I think that is true for so many things we do in life, good or bad.  It is not just about us!  There is a quote hanging up in our room that by its worn out appearance, I am guessing it has been there for many missionary transfers...

"The decision to serve a mission will shape the spiritual destiny of the missionary, his or her spouse, their posterity for generations to come." - Elder Russell Nelson

I hope my decision to serve will have a lasting effect on my friends, my family and the people here in Urdaneta. 

Love,
Sister Jenkins

Sister Kylee Olivia Jenkins at a WWII war museum.

Birthday party for a recent convert!

At the capital

My kasama and me in our new ZONE t-shirts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment