Tuesday, May 19, 2015

"And as I partook of the fruit...it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy"

This week started off with a wonderful Mother's Day Skype call to my AMAZING pamilya!  I am so grateful for my lovely mother and for all the love & support my family gives me!  I am so grateful they are "in the boat" right along side of me. 

Tuesday, we went to the mission home for zone interviews!  It was great.  The workshops were so inspired and we were able to learn a lot from our amazing leaders.

So, this week thanks to inspired suggestion from President Monahan and also a great friend who happened to give me the same advice, I read 1 Nephi 8.  It is about Lehi's dream about the tree of life.  I love verse 8....Lehi traveled for the space of MANY hours in darkness yet he pressed forward until in verse 12 he partook of the fruit (which could be related to the gospel) and "began to be desirous that his family should partake of it also."  In a very real sense, we have all partaken of the fruit (gospel of Jesus Christ) and I hope that everyone that has would want to share it with our families and friends!  How could we not when it is "desirable above all other fruit?" 

Sometimes the path to discipleship can be hard and dark as Lehi experienced, but if we press forward and as verse 24 says, "press forward through the midst of darkness, clinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of the fruit of the tree." 

I hope we can all heed Lehi's counsel! 
Press forward.
Partake of the gospel.
Share it with others.
And, HOLD fast to the iron rod!

Love,
Sister Jenkins
Beautiful Sister Missionaries

Me with my wonderful zone leaders, district leaders and amazing sister training leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment