Monday, May 11, 2015

Don't just live the gospel of Jesus Christ on Sunday....

WOW, what a week!  This week has been AMAZING as always!  First off, I would like to give a BIG shout out to Hailey & Paige and the Upson family for the super sweet letters and pictures.  I love them!  Letters will be going in the mail next week, so be on the look out!  And, a HUGE thank you to my Aunt Kim, Aunt Jamie, Aunt Candy & Uncle Bill and to Grandma Katie for the letters of love and support.  You guys rock!!!

This week I found a Caraboa and I swear I am not as white as I look.  haha!  (Mom note...I had to look this up to make sure we knew what she was talking about....Filipinos see carabaos as faithful partners in life. The carabao or kalabaw is a water buffalo that is endemic in Southeast Asia. Aside from helping our farmers plow the fields, this animal is our source of transportation, milk for sweets and cooking, meat, raw materials to design furniture, coin and mascot designs, body armor, children’s songs, jokes, and expressions in the vernacular.  We had exchanges with Sister Sauvao and Sister Lapura.  We had fun in the rain!  I LOVE the rain here, it is SO amazing!  I made a Mexican feast for lunch, it was AMAZING.  All the sisters LOVED the HOT salsa...so thank you for all the ingredients, Mom & Dad!  We celebrated Mother's Day and got a sweet picture with a super great ward member.  We love her and ALL the moms out there!

So this week, I was reading "Our Search for Happiness" (which I highly recommend to everyone...church member or not!).  It says, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not a Sunday-only kind of thing, it is a way of life."  M. Russell Ballard  WOW, how true is that?  We don't just live the gospel of Jesus Christ on Sunday, we are expected to live it every day of our lives.  That is what HE expects of us.  We expect Father in Heaven to be there for us ALWAYS...whenever we need Him.  And, just like any loving Father, He is always right there beside us waiting for us to call upon Him.  We must live the doctrine He has given us through the Bible and Book of Mormon.  I truly believe that our "search for happiness" ends when we start living the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I love you!

Sweet letters from the Upson Family...LOVE
 
Companions on Mother's Day...I love Sister Navarro


Mexican Fiesta from Idaho.
 Me & Sister Gotang...Everyone loved the hot salsa!
Me & the Caraboa...

Dancing in the rain during exchanges

 

BEST MOTHER'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment