Monday, May 25, 2015

His strength is perfect in our weakness....

This week went by SO fast, it was an AMAZING week!

I read a talk by Brad Wilcox titled "Christ's Grace is Sufficient to Cover Us."  I would recommend reading it!  It is super good, I love his insights.  He asks a very good question that has stuck with me this week.

 "Have you been changed by Grace?" 

How true...our purpose is to learn and grow on earth and to try to reach the potential He knows each one of us have.  He goes on to say, "The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we be cleansed and consoled, but that we can be transformed."  I have seen many people truly transformed by the Atonement and His grace and it amazes me the growth we can have through Him in such a short amount of time. 

We were teaching a lesson to an investigator and invited the investigator to come unto Christ and to put their trust in Him.  The investigator kept saying, I just can't commit...it is too hard.  We must understand grace and we must allow it to change us.  Brad Wilcox goes on to say, "When we understand grace, we understand that God is long-suffering, that change is a process....we understand that the blessings of Christ's atonement are continuous and His strength is perfect in our weakness."

I hope that we all can come to understand His grace and the Atonement.  I know that when we do NOTHING it will be too hard and we can truly be changed by Him.

Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Jenkins
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment