Monday, June 1, 2015

May we strive to see others through His eyes...

This week was great! 

And, so busy! 

We had surprise studies with the sisters and it was so great.  I am always amazed at how much I learn from them.  I love all the sisters so much!  We spent the night in Lingayen with Sister Sauvau and Sister Lapura on Tuesday night then I worked with them while Sister Navarro was at a meeting in Lingayen.  It was the first time I have left our area and worked in someone else's area...it was FUN.  I loved meeting their investigators and I learned a lot!  Thursday, Labrador sisters spent the night and Friday, Sister Ramirez and I were companions while Sister Navarro & Sister Adan were in Urdaneta.  I love her! 

It was pouring rain and we were drenched, but it was great! 
I love the rain here.

We went to Brother and Sister Ferrer on Sunday and Sister Navarro said goodbye, we picked Sineguelas (see below) and had dinner at a members house. 

We missionaries received an email with some different things to remember and ponder.  One was criticizing....I was thinking about this one morning and was reading in Matthew 3.  It talks of Jesus healing on the Sabbath, the Pharisees watched and waited to accuse him and "straightway" plotted against Him.  I was thinking about this in my own life.  Are we uplifting and assisting or waiting for people to fall short of our "expectations?"  Are we too blinded by the beam in our own eyes that we can't see the miracles that take place every day?  Just a thought! 

I really love this example of Jesus Christ. 
 
May we strive to see others through His eyes!

Love,
Sister Jenkins

Note from Kylee's Mom...I had no idea what "Sineguelas" were....
"Sineguelas (Spondias purpurea), also known as the Spanish Plum, is an exotic antioxidant fruit native from the Latin America which was brought and grown in the Philippines back in the 1800s. Today, Sineguelas can be found in several provinces across the Philippines. It is commonly quoted by the Filipino people as the food of the gods.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment