Sunday, June 28, 2015

If it was right when you prayed about it, trusted it...IT IS RIGHT NOW!

This week went by seriously so fast! 

It was such a great week! 

I love it here, there is so much good going on!!!


Coolest kids I know who love peace signs!!!

It started Monday with a great FHE (Family Home Evening) with three of our investigators and some of the coolest kids I know who love peace signs almost as much as I do!  Thursday we headed to the Big City (Urdaneta) for our last Zone Conference with our wonderful Mission President and his wife, President & Sister Monahan (their 3-year mission is complete and they are returning home to Arizona).  I am going to miss them a lot...they have taught me so much in such a short amount of time.  Sister Monahan taught about "Listening to the Lord" and trusting in His plan for us!  It threw me back, before I left on my mission....  I thought I had a plan and it wasn't nearly as amazing as the plan Heavenly Father had for me.  I will never forget a few days before I entered the MTC (Missionary Training Center).  I was SO scared and feeling a little unsure, but then I read an amazing quote by Jeffrey R. Holland, "With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination beware of the temptation to retreat from a good thing.  If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now.  Don't give up when the pressure mounts."  WOW!  So true!  I am forever grateful I trusted in Him and moved forward with faith.  Going on a mission has been one of the best decisions I have ever made!  President Monahan went over the 5 things they have taught us....
  1. The purpose of the Book of Mormon
  2. The difference between real Faith versus Fear
  3. Real Obedience and Simple Compliance
  4. Beginning with the End in Mind
  5. Stay Bright
I have learned MANY things from President & Sister Monahan, but all in all I am so grateful for them teaching me HOW TO BECOME...  We all have such a divine potential, but so few of us apply ourselves and actually make the sacrifices needed to truly BECOME.  President Monahan said, "We must face opposition for our choices matter."  SO true, of course, we have trials and challenges in this life, but we must step up, be a leader and sometimes choose the road that is straight, the road that is narrow and sometimes the road less traveled but that leads to true discipleship and to our Savior.



My MTC Companion....I love Sister Smith!


I got to see Sister Smith at Zone Conference...it was awesome!
Popcorn is a gooooo! 
 Sister Smith came up with the genius idea
(since we have NO microwave)
to just scoop the inside of the bag into a pan, 
put a lid on it then shake it on the stove and guess what? 
It works!  I'm so happy!
Hahaha...Dedication!!!

President & Sister Monahan...I will miss them!!!

Me & a chicken...I am obsessed with farm animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment