Monday, July 13, 2015

HIS hand in my life....

First, I would like to give a huge shout out to my beautiful sister and her wonderful husband on the birth of their sweet little baby girl, Indie Pearl.  I am so excited for you and your cute little family! 

So, this week was packed.  I have had some very humbling experiences.  It amazes me how each week I feel myself coming unto Him and truly coming to see His plan for me and His hand in my life & my mission.  This week started with me finding out my sister had her little girl!  Lots of emotions flooded in my heart & mind after hearing the news, but I remembered the words of a friend who had once encouraged me to focus on my mission.  There is no going back to the way things were before my mission.  There has been so much growth in me since the time I first read the words to now.  I know that far better things lie ahead in the plan that the Master Teacher has for me.  Truly loving my mission has been the first step for me to really understand the importance of living in the here and now, not dwelling of the past or wishing for the future! 

Continuing with my week...

Wednesday, I received a call from the Assistant to our Mission President and received the word that I have been called to be a trainer.  I feel so humbled by the trust the Lord has placed in me to help train one of His precious daughters.  I am eager and hear there are lots of American sisters coming, so I am just trying hard to get ready for whatever happens on Thursday.  I look forward to meeting my anak!  Thursday, we met with our new Mission  President, President Deyro and his wife.  I love them and am grateful for them!  Friday, we had "train the trainers" in Urdaneta...it was fun to reflect on my own 12-week training and all of the wonderful & key things Sister Navarro taught me!  Sunday was great.  We had a very effective MCM which was great! 

So, I'll leave you with a funny story!  For those of you who don't know me, I am terrified of spiders...to the point that I can't even protect myself to kill them.  So, Sunday night I go to grab a letter from a box next to my desk and BAM....I see a HUGE spider leg jumping onto my desk.  I am crying...Sister Antenorcruz is beating the spider to death with a stick.  Let me tell you, it was the biggest spider I have ever seen.  HUGE!!!  It was unreal!!!

Love to all,
Sister Jenkins

Mom Notes....I asked Sister Jenkins a couple questions and thought I'd share her responses to give you a better glimpse into her life as a missionary.
  • It's the rainy season here...I haven't seen the sun in over a week.  (We know Sister Jenkins loves the rain so I'm sure she is in heaven.)
  • We are sharing the gospel with six wonderful Filipinos:  2 are in their late teens, a sweet couple and an amazing lady who is probably 30 years old. 
  • I love our new Mission President & his wife!!!
  • My zone is "14 brgy" which is like if you did the loop up Orchard Avenue to 10th Avenue then back maybe 2 or 3 times.  We walk a ton!  Most everyone in our zone farms or works in the fields. ----  Okay, so I had to google "brgy" to see what Sister Jenkins was referring to...."A barangay (brgy or bgy) is formally called a barrio, is the smallest administrative division in the Philippines and is the native Filipino term for a village, district or ward."  When the first Spaniards arrived in the Philippines in the 16th century, they found well-organized independent villages called barangays.  The first barangays started as relatively small communities of around 50 to 100 families.  By the time of contact with Spaniards, many barangays have developed into large communities."  INTERESTING.
Enjoying some fresh corn...


A walk with my friends...

Always a good day to see Sister Smith!!!



Not my hand or our spider, but its identical twin...HUGE!!!
 
Thanks Bo...Go Chukars Baseball!!!
 
And, then Sister Jenkins sent this sweet photo & message to her Kendel...she writes, "...The pictures are beautiful!  I have a three photo picture frame I bought last week with pics of you and Indie in it....I cry too!  haha  Just sitting there staring at it, but I am overwhelmed at what an amazing Mom I know you are!  I got to take baby pictures for one of our investigators, she had her baby and the day after we went to their house & I saw her baby and we taught them about the gospel!  I realized their cinderblock walls were bare with no pictures, so I asked her if I could take  a couple pictures and print some photos of him and she was overwhelmed with gratitude.  It was so sweet!  I love you!" 
 
Sweet Filipino baby boy...





No comments:

Post a Comment